Monday, October 22, 2012

Are you registered to VOTE on November 6?

Are you registered to vote on November 6? Have you been reading up everything?
I know, I know........  I am tired of the whole thing too, and it will finally end with all these lawn posters, sign & posters everywhere, flyers, junk mail, commercials on the radio, on television, on my computer, on the news and on the telephone, voice mail, texts, facebook and twitter....... It is a necessary evil but why must we be driven to drink with so much.

I am so ready to vote, make my one voice be heard, let the votes fall where they may (hoping that my vote makes the difference with the way I vote) AND then it is over ......  the ads & commercials will stop (and the Christmas Holiday ads will start and drive us all crazy too........)

I am not writing this to be political, I just want to bring to your attention Measure K & N IF you are not aware yet.........

Measure K is strictly a Citrus Heights measure. My understanding is it is a tax, but a limited tax with strict guidelines. It does not need a simple majority to pass it needs a 2/3 vote to pass. To me that suggests that the City wants to make sure that the citizens of the city are behind this measure. It suggests that it will help to speed up our repairs of our aging residentials roads. We do have alot of roads to keep up and repairs are needed on alot of these residential roads. It suggests that it  will also help with crime reduction for our police department. We have reserves, but look around at alot of the other cities in California and ask yourself why did they go bankrupt? Poor use of their funds, bad investments, used up all their reserve and more on things that might have happened but didn't. You decide.

For more information go to City of Citrus Heights Website   You will see rebuttals for & against Measure K and then arguments for & against the rebuttals of the for & against. I have read through them all and quite frankly I find some of it just plain garbage and just saying something just to fill up the paper. You read them, and then you decide.

Measure N is strictly for the San Juan Unified School District.......  the money is to be used for modernizing classrooms, safety upgrades and other needs. Most San Juan Unified schools are more than 50 years old and in need of upgrades to provide adequate technology, science labs and to replace deteriorating portables with permanent facilities. Upgrades to energy efficiency of schools will also save valuable funds that can be used to directly support teaching and learning.                     
For More information -  Yes on Measure N  or Sacramento Bee

Whatever you decide, please VOTE on November 6th............. Thank You.


Disclaimer: This is not meant to be an endorsement of either Measure, this is simply meant to bring to your attention that there are two measures on the November Ballot that will affect us locally. I do encourage comments but I will not be engaged in a debate or have words over this posting........ it is meant simply for information, you make up your own mind. Thank You.



No comments:

Post a Comment